Thursday, February 23, 2012

You Sly Boots




So soon after crossing one thing off my 24 before 24 list I think I've managed to cross off another.

2.) Buy one investment piece I'll have forever.

Mom sent me an awesome care package for Valentine's Day and when I called her up to thank her for it she said "there should be one more thing coming." I had my ideas about what it might be, but I didn't want to presume too much since she'd already given me so many lovely things. I walked home in the drizzle and found this big box on my front door. I grabbed it, ran upstairs and barely made it inside the door to open it on the living room floor. I didn't even need scissors, I was so excited that I ripped the box open and this is what was inside:


I screeched! Immediately I pulled them over my work jeans and sat on the floor, just marveling at their happy red color. I have been bemoaning my lack of waterproof boots, specifically these wellies since I moved to Chicago and now I finally have a pair! I don't care if it rains or not tomorrow, I'm still wearing them.

And come hell or (hopefully) high water, I will save these boots until my kids can wear them!

P.S. I love you Mom, thank you so much for my red boots!

No comments:

Post a Comment