Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Snapshot

Before our four year the Viking and I agreed that due to my job-less-ness we shouldn't get each other anything. We could wait until next year when I was doing better and we'd really do it up big. But as of last Monday I am consistently employed during the daylight hours!

After washing the last of the blueberry pancake dishes Viking Boyfriend looked at me and said: "I want to buy you a camera, let's go to Target." I hemmed and hawed over it for a few moments but ultimately realized that I can't pass up trip to Target. It's truly impossible. "Okay, we can go look."

We passed up the make-up and shoes (and only slightly dipped in to the women's section to look at the cute spring stuff) and arrived at electronics. I played with every camera, comparing the pixels, making sure the screens were big enough and the buttons easy to understand. I wanted an updated version of my compact point and shoot, but the Viking insisted on picking something different.


It's a Canon Powershot SX150 IS. The Viking says that it looks more professional, and it might inspire me to take more pictures for the blog. It also reminds me of the camera my mom had when we were kids.




I'm still figuring out all the settings, but I feel like one lucky lady right about now.

No worries about the Viking getting a gift. As soon as I get my first paycheck I'll be strolling on down to the nearest Gamestop.

No comments:

Post a Comment