Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cry Baby

I came back to the apartment whining again.

I had broken a wine glass in the sink this morning which got me off to a bad start. While at work I did well the first half of the day but got unjustifiably frustrated with a new trainee for screwing up orders and then spilled I spilled hot chili all down my side from shoulder to shoe. Yup.

But I was talking to the trainee about how "this is my day job and I do theatre in the evenings..." and it dawned on me that it was the same speach I used to give when I lived in Ohio: "I work here part time during the day, but I do theatre at night and I'm going to move to Chicago in the fall."

It sounded much better than: "I'm a 23 year old woman with a college degree and I'm not really sure what I'm doing with my life right now. I'm positive that I'm smart and talented enough to figure it out, but right now I'm working for minimun wage."

Roommate poked fun that when I was in the depths of jobless-ness depression I used to complain that I'd work any job as long as they'd pay me! I needed the money to live, and while that's still true, I see now that I need a career that I love to be satesfied.


7.) Be happy and self sufficient in my employment. 

Being a free-lancer in theatre means that the job hunt is never really over, so here we go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment