Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Building Up

I'll refer to yesterday as a "building day". I got a lot of work done in terms of the hunt, but obviously not a ton to show for it yet. One of my most frequented job search websites does this fun thing now where it sends you a report on how many people applied for the same job you did, how many years of experience they have, and how high their education is. You would think that it's something you'd want to know, but once you see in in poppy colored pie graphs you almost wish you hadn't.


Today is a deep breath kind of day. I'm letting the sun in to my room, making a grilled colby-jack and apple sandwich and trying to accept that it won't be like this forever.

There will come a day when I look back on this time in my life with gratitude. I allowed myself to take a risk, I made some mistakes, and ultimately I hope I'll come out better for it. Deep breaths.

In case you're wondering, my grilled colby-jack and apple sandwich is not one of those mistakes, it's delicious, inspiration here.

No comments:

Post a Comment