Monday, March 12, 2012

Color Coiffure

Last week I lured Running Buddy to my apartment with the promise of spaghetti and Pinterest and asked her if she wouldn't mind helping me cross off #5 off my 24 before 24 list:

5.) Dye My Hair

My hair hasn't been dyed since last May and my highlights had grown out in to what is now known as the "ombre" trend. I needed a shake up and thought a little blonde would be the way to go.


A recent picture for your "before" reference. My light brown roots and faded highlights at the ends.


And this is what it looks like now! I realize it's a subtle change, but it did even out my hair color and give me a slightly red tint that I have naturally.



As you can see I didn't get as much dye on my bangs and underneath. I think I'll try the foam variety of hair color for more even coverage next time. 

The next step: get my hair cut. I feel squirmy just thinking about it since I still don't know what I want to do with it. I will most likely play it in my usual fashion: make an appointment, decide once I get there, be upset about it for a little while, then grow it out again. The circle of hair life.

What are you thinking? Should I dye it lighter in a few weeks? Go back to brunette? Let it grow out in to ombre again? Shave it all off and save myself the greif?

No comments:

Post a Comment