Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Small Victories


Today was one of those days where I thought to myself "I'm going to be okay here." I bummed around in the morning but when I left the apartment I was greeted with Spring in January! The sun was shining, the wind was breezy, and I un-zipped my coat, took off my hat, and squished in the mud to the train station.

Did my temp job and felt very accomplished. It's a very zen thing to get everything organized in a space, it was a very calming experience. Then out for Running Buddy's Birthday! Half price sushi and drinks downtown...we didn't run after that, but it was tasty sushi and fun had by all.

Then the el broke down underground, so we got on the bus and I sat next to a narcoleptic homeless man that smelled like pee and a college student that kept repeating that she hated "unseasonably warm weather." But I didn't let it get me down! I got off the bus and took the train the rest of the way home while taking to Mom. She re-hashed this week's episode of Biggest Loser (which we used to watch together and eat chocolate) and I taught her how to use Pinterest so she can be as much of a fanatical list maker as I am. Next week we'll upgrade her to Polyvore!

Tomorrow is the first crack at my new theatre job (not paying the bills yet but it's going to be a fun/enlightening experience) and then off to my Country Estates for some R&R and job application fun time with Viking Boyfriend. His show opens this weekend so I'll go see that and probably watch copious amounts of Adventure Time with Viking Boyfriend's twin brother...yes he has a twin!

Hurray for little victories in optimism!

Picture via

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure about the Polyvore, Kiley. Baby steps, baby steps.

    ReplyDelete