Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Clinic in a Minute

This morning I went to the Minute Clinic at CVS as per a co-worker's recommendation. Since I haven't been ill enough to require a doctor visit this seemed like the quick fix, and they take my insurance, woo hoo! Luckily it appears that I don't have strep, although I'll know for sure tomorrow morning. The nurse practitioner thinks it's a viral throat infection masquerading as strep just to scare me. Of course my diagnosis followed by a lack of anti-biotics led me to this pharmacy shopping spree:


I figured I better grab all the cough drops, lozenges (french for "fancy high powerd cough drop), and throat spray I could manage. Not only that but some frozen fruit bars to break up the oatmeal and honey tea I've been downing. The Birthday Cake Oreos? Those are for later, they are so hard to find!



The obvious next step in my treatment was to grab a McDonalds Milkshake which I haven't had since I was quite small. I waited to drink it until I got home so I could take a picture with the cute little marachino cherry on top, but alas it sunk.

Feeling much less like a zombie today although I could still be contageous...like the mom in 28 Weeks Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment