Thursday, May 3, 2012

B-Face

I had a big ole' post orchestrated, but after working all day and trudging through the rain torrential creek that is my neighborhood, and downing a beer I didn't feel much like finishing it. Work was fun, the rain was romantic, but something ticked me off first thing today.

When I get asked repeatedly "are you okay?" when nothing it outwardly wrong it sets something off in me. "No buddy, I just have perma-bitchface. I don't walk around smiling like an idiot!" Also, anyone telling me: "smile!" I'm an excellent customer service-woman, but a male customer told me that once and I asked him politely (and with a smile on my face): "am I giving off that much negativity?" For whatever reason this did not upset him, in fact came back the next day to apologize. He's a regular customer and still remembers me as the cashier that gave him what for, in a very friendly way of course.

I guess there's something to be said for honesty with customers, especially when it gets them to see you as a human being and not just the robot that makes their lunch....but that's a whole other rant.

Photo via

P.S. when you type "bitch face" in to Google Images search "Megan Fox" comes up as a related search. Don't laugh at that.

1 comment:

  1. ugh...i both have perma bitch face and served as a food service robot for years. but cheer up kid...it can't be that bad! GAG!!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete