Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Foooood

Remember that time a long, long time ago when I said I was going to be an adult and actually start cooking my meals? A whole two weeks in and I've actually stuck with it! Of course this means that now that I've announced it there will be a rapid decline in my kitchen productivity, but so far it's been pretty enjoyable. It got a little hairy for a bit trying to pack lunch and dinner to go straight from the museum to the theatre, but overall I'm pretty darn proud of myself, considering my total lack of Julia-Child-like tendencies.

Here are the recipes that I've made so far...I want to preface this list by saying that if I recipe calls for some six dollar spice that I can't steal from my roommate, I won't use it. I also make things by the recipe, like a serving for four people and then I split it up throughout the week. Less prep time overall if you can do it all on one day.



Quinoa and Black Bean Salad via The Girl Who Ate Everything I actually made a batch of this and it lasted for three days! Huzzah!

Bistro Style Crispy Chicken via The Fit Cook

Blueberry Breakfast Grilled Cheese via Fit From Conception, otherwise known as the easypeasy recipe that's blowing up Pinterest right now. I left out the icing sugar and it still tasted of awesomeness.



Crispy Coconut Chicken via The Fit Cook I precooked a batch of these and it doesn't do so well on the re-heat. There's still some in my fridge if anyone wants to bring the mango salsa!

I've also been throwing together a lot of fruit salads and experimenting with pita pockets (I'm wild and crazy like that.) Hard boiling eggs in advance for meals is also a big help since I can grab it and go...but I haven't phased out eating cereal for meals entirely. I just discovered quick oats with peanut butter though, and that seems to be a slightly better substitute.

If you're stuck, I highly recommend The Fit Cook. Tons of simple easy to make ideas and still healthy. I'm bent on learning how to make her Banana Waffles and Game Day Chili 

No comments:

Post a Comment