Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Birthday Outfit Deux

Birthday Outfit Idea #2

Lest we forget June is my birth month! I'm already planning what treats to take in to work and the theatre and what kind of things I'd like to do when Mom comes to visit. So far I have drinking, cake-making, and a potential 5k at Pride Fest on the books. Not too shabby, eh? And of course there's the outfit. Still haven't narrowed it down in the slightest. I'm hoping that I'll come across it and be in awe of its style and price...or I'll just pull something out of my closet. Either way you can rest assured that I'll be wearing clothes, which is Viking's favorite answer to give when I ask what I should wear: "How 'bout clothes?" Thanks.

Speaking of clothing, I've been slowly chipping away at my 24 before 24 list and have now decided that most of it is just going to have to roll over on to 25 before 25. To be fair I made this list in January, a mere 5 months away from my birthday so I didn't have the full year. Wah wah wah, I know...

22. Shop my closet and wear all of my clothes. If I don’t, I have to donate it at the end of the season.

When I can't think of anything to do in the evenings and it's too dark for a walk to my favorite lake (Michigan that is) I go through my closet and start trying on clothes. It seems silly to have a whole closet, dresser, and clothing rack full of clothes that I hardly ever wear. My job choices are to blame...the theatre would prefer that I wear all black (which I am getting seriously tired of doing because I'm running out of options here) and food service which requires a very specific type of jeans OR a very specific shade of khaki AND a very specific kind of undershirt. For the most part those rules are flexible but I know I'll be the idiot that messes it up when they do a store report, sporting my orange jeans or some nonsense, which I have!

In any case I've completed closet and clothing rack try-ons, all I need to do is go through my dresser drawers and I'll be able to scratch number 22 off the list! A vaguely productive week indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment