Friday, April 13, 2012

You know when...

-you turn 16, you get your license and the keys to a car, you finally feel the freedom that you're itching to get as a teenager? The world as you know it is immediately at your finger tips. I could drive to a friend's house, cruise around, grab donut holes at 9pm and sit in the school parking lot on a Friday night.


This week as a whole has been uninspiring, and after coming home from work I felt that itch again. But this time I'm an adult, I can do whatever I want!

So I walked to CVS, browsed hair color choices just because I could. Mostly blond, because have a couple hours of the Mad Men marathon I am starting to develop a major crush on January Jone's hair and I myself am always in the middle of a hair crisis.

Photo via

I contemplated some ideas for screen plays, because why not? I took the road past the row of lilac bushes, because I wanted to. I took instagram pictures of sweet graffiti, because I thought it was cool.



 But despitre the freedom to pick up and walk out the door for a a bit I'm still discouraged. I live in a city I've always wanted to live in, have my own apartment, work in theatre like I always dreamed, and yet I'm still not as free as the teenager-Kiley hoped I would be.

Being 20-something is even more frustrating than being a teenager. You have the power, but what do you do with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment