Friday, December 2, 2011

A Very Good Place to Start

Try to think of this like the pilot post. I have to cover the characters, the major plot line, and where the rest of the series is going...stick with me here...

This is me!

I'm Kiley and I moved from Ohio to Chicago three weeks ago. I've never lived anywhere else but Columbus, I'm an unemployed writer/theatre professional, and I'm trying to make it big! How's that for a pitch?

Here is how this blog came to be...

I was recently not so recently speaking with someone at a funeral (of all places) and we were talking about theatre, which is the profession I've been trying to crack for the past year. She was giving me some awesome "hang in there kitty" advice that a post grad loves and absolutely needs to hear, and at the end of the conversation she said: "I can't believe no body's written a book about this yet." How to get in to theatre. The mystery of it all.

This conversation combined with my desire to be a writer, my obsession with reading blogs, my current "freelancing" status and much urging from my mother who will probably be the only person who reads this for quite some time, this is my blog.

I want to cover a range of things to my liking such as local life, theatre, fashion, make-up, puppy envy, my attempts at being lady-like, and the most fearsome...Chicago Winter. Will I survive? I just don't know.

2 comments:

  1. Go for it Kiley! I started my career many years ago in the Windy City...and look where it got me! (On second thought DON'T look! but Brooklyn is really not that bad...at least its closer to Broadway). Break a leg babe...or at least somebody's neck if they don't recognize real talent! You CAN make it bigtime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading it, but I'm sure you will get a lot of followers soon. Getting into theatre won't be easy but if anyone can do it, I know you can! Follow your bliss!

    ReplyDelete