Friday, December 16, 2011

On the Hunt

What I foresaw in my seasonal job future


As previously stated, I expected to come to Chicago and jump on the seasonal employment train, which has not worked out well. This being my fault, I expect, because I would rather go home for three days at Christmas than spend it alone in my apartment. That is the choice I made, but I now know that if I'm serious about seasonal work next year I'll suck it up and Skype Christmas morning.

So as of right now, no part time job landed.

I do, however, have a part time theatre gig as a production assistant which I am more than pleased to be working at right now. The pay is small, but the group of people I'm working with are fantastic and the show is hilariously fun to work on. One day I'm making rental inquiries about period-esque chairs for the set, and the next I'm google searching disaster images of the late 19th century. How can you not have fun with that?


Best. Task. Ever.


Right now I'm waiting to hear back from a part time "day gig" as the theatre folk around here call it. It has me all worked up because it would be such a fantastic job. It's something I have experience in, they're hiring morning shift people, and everyone I've talked to has been very cool. My theory is that they're waiting until after New Year's to hire me since I'm going home, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Until then I'll keep checking Chicago Plays for my next big break.

Pictures via & via

No comments:

Post a Comment