Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Cheer


It's begun! Chicago Winter took me by surprise this morning. I woke up and looked at my phone which was sporting little crystallized snow flakes. I rushed to the window and this is what I found...

Eeps!

It snuck up on me to say the least. Luckily the windows are taped, the heat is finally turned on, and we've already decorated for Christmas! I would like everyone to meet my Christmas tree, Albert!


Albert in all his dining table glory

Now, as expensive as Albert looks, he was actually quite the bargain from Target. He had many brothers in sisters in shiny red, sparkly purple, shimmery silver, and crisp white. But we found Albert sitting by his lonesome with his less than eye catching matte green pre-lit cousins. Albert's color? Roommate described it as "dirty silver". He has kind of a Silver and Gold theme going on, and we love him for it. And since the ornament selection was not so great, Albert is decorated with things we found around the apartment. Earrings, feather hair clips, and beer bottle caps attached to the tree with scotch tape and thread. I am one proud mama.

From his good side

Roommate inadvertently picked out the tree topper when he spotted this peacock. He has one eye and his name is Azuleanno.

 


And Azuleanno matches the other new addition to the dining space, the blue twinkle lights.


All in all, the Macaque's Igloo is looking pretty spiffy for the holidays. And now that it's stuck in my head...




No comments:

Post a Comment