Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Modern Art


I wanted to share with you one of my favorite works of art at the Art Institute of Chicago. I happened upon it once and it made me smile. As it should, it's a pile of brightly wrapped candy stuck in the corner of the stark modern wing of the museum. When I shared my discovery someone told me that you're supposed to take a piece of candy with you, so I had to go back...








I was so moved by the motivation that it's my favorite piece in the modern wing. I don't always take the candy, but it's funny to watch others stare at it, wondering if they should take a piece themselves. 


Gallery secret: if you look at the ceiling, events both national and personal are printed along the wall pertaining to the artist's life. "A Peaceful Death" is printed right above the candy. Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment