Monday, July 30, 2012

Denim Revival

In keeping with my "24 Before 25" list I've been going through drawers, closets, and the rack trying to decide what stays and what goes before summer is up. For the most part if it fits, it stays and I need to get more creative with my wardrobe instead of wearing the same gray v-neck everywhere (even though it's just so darn flattering!). Of course my theory is if I get rid of some stuff a few replacements are in order! However, I'm going to be more careful about what I buy and stick to my mom's "if you don't love it, don't buy it" philosophy. She's a savvy lady.

My focus has been denim, since the most fun I had during my big closet clean out was trying on jeans. There's no item of clothing that makes you feel better than a pair of great fitting, great looking jeans. N'est pas?

Photo Via

It looks monochromatic when you put it all together, but I have my red, yellow, rust, and hot pink jeans from last season so I thought it might be time to tone it down. Pale washes, neutrals, and prints seem to be my favorite, especially the pair from the Gap! I actually tried them on already for my birthday but ruled that it was too hot to be thinking about jeans.

I've been searching for a great light wash pair for a while, and these American Eagle jeans seem to be the ticket. I also decided to part with my grey flares this year, so a grey pair of boyfriend jeans are the modern update.

Please, allow me to simultaneously drool over these high waist skinny skinny jeans from Madewell and the printed beauties (polka dot and floral), once again from American Eagle. After the floral denim online-ordering fiasco of last spring (damn juniors sizing) I don't want to miss out again. And polka dots! We all know how much I love polka dots. Plus they'll get along nicely with my leopard print pair!

Not pictured are wide leg/trouser jeans that I've been in search of ever since I accidentally donated my pair to Goodwill. I hope a stylish lady picked them up and adored them!

What denim trends are you looking forward to this fall?


No comments:

Post a Comment