Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Chicago Day - the Field Museum


On Monday Running Buddy (or RB for all intensive purposes) drove down to have lunch and use my new work benefit: free admission to the majority of all Chicago museums! We decided on the Field, Chicago's natural history museum and I instantly fell in love.






We started off our perfect Chicago day with cinnamon rolls at Ann Sather's, home of Chicago's best cinnamon roll, and they aren't fooling around. Gluten intolerance be danged, I ate both of the cinnamon rolls my eggs and hash browns came with. Only mild queasiness followed.




Then we hopped on the red line and made our way towards museum campus. I had actually been here once before for a job interview when I first moved here, so it was refreshing to come back in a better state of mind, and with all the beautiful Christmas decorations up. I flashed my I.D. badge (like a boss) and we were in.




The first thing you do when you walk in is meet Sue, the world's most complete T-Rex.






We went through ancient Egypt (mummies!), animals, the hall of birds, and Ancient Americans which was one of my favorites.




More dinosaurs! Middle school field trip Kiley was beyond excited.




"Kenneth Parcell" shrank us and lead us on a journey under the soil (animatronic bugs = terrifying) 




Everyone in the museum ends the day on the front step taking pictures of the skyline...I almost wish I had turned the camera around. There was a distinctive row of people all snapping away. RB and I finished the night with a slice of pizza and then I returned to the theatre for a tech rehearsal. All in all it was the quintessential Chicago day.


Also, if you ever feel like going to the Field, call me up my answer (work permitting) will always be yes! 


No comments:

Post a Comment