Monday, March 4, 2013

Travel: Atlanta


Photo Via


With the Atlanta trip less than a month away, E asked me what I wanted to do while I was there other than the Color Run and promptly stuffing our faces afterwards. I've never been outside the Atlanta airport so this may take some research, but here's what I have so far...


Photo Via


Stone Mountain Park seems like a relaxing place for a hike with my niece Kira. E's reaction: The KKK started there! Thank you scenic Georgia.


Photo Via


Historic Oakland Cemetary Tours...this may seem like a strange one, but E and I have been kicking around historic cemeteries since our high school days...take that how you will, we just find them fascinating.


Photo Via


I ask for recommendations at work when tourists from Atlanta roll through, and almost all of them say the Georgia Aquarium...or the World of Coca-cola tour? Since my love of sea creatures far outweighs my feelings towards sugary beverages (unless the Jack Daniels factory is magically attached) then I think I'll be spending a day at the Aquarium. 


Photo Via


Either that or E's membership to the Zoo Atlanta since ohmygawd a baby orangutan was just born! My heart beat still!


I've heard good things about the Atlanta History Center and and I could get free tickets to the High Museum of Art and E suggested going to the Cubs/Braves game too! Of course I don't want to spend my whole vacation doing touristy things so I should probably narrow it down. Hopefully further foursquare investigation will lead me to some good bars and hangouts.


Have you ever been to Atlanta? What can I absolutely not miss?


No comments:

Post a Comment